Sunday, July 29, 2007

gifting single...

Is being single a 'good gift'?

An interesting question! I am going to have to compare 'being single' to a gift that someone gives you that you just don't understand why you received it or what you are going to do with it. Take the shirt you get when your parents went off on some really hot vacation. You know the shirt. The one that says 'My parents went to Hawaii and all I got was this lousy t-shirt.' Ok, you got this t-shirt as a gift, now what?

I have to say that 'being single' is one of those types of off-the-wall gifts you really don't know what to do with it especially when you feel the need and want to be on a team because it really what you are good at. Being in this position after loving but not being loved back - in fact just walked away from - I feel strongly that I need to practice my faith and really look at this 'being single' as truly a gift.

When I call it a gift, I put high value on it. It is not received and forgotten about after an hour of playtime. I really make sure I cherish the giver of the gift by wearing when they are around or displaying or appreciating it. So with 'being single' I must choose to wear it with pride. I can still love passionately. I can still enjoy life fully. I can be focused on being a beloved. I can be open and attentive. I don't need a husband rather the Great Husbandman fills in. I can make mistakes and yet be allowed to grow. I can be tender and vulnerable without any risk of be shunned. I can be as tenacious as I am without fear of disgust. Through it all I know the Great Hands will temper my love and my passion. All I have to care about is the Smile on His Face. In Him I have a worthy Team Player who wants to stick with me more than my stickiness. {smiles} No more of this unwanted feeling. Ahh, well worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment